Parental Controls allow you to restrict viewing and purchases of TV programming based on your preferences. Set a personalized four-digit PIN and place Locks on selected ratings, channels and titles.
If you forget your PIN codes, call customer care at 253-502-8900 to have them reset.
Parental Controls Setup
- From the Main Menu, select PARENTAL CONTROLS
- Enter your Locks Pin
- Filter your locks by Movie Rating, TV Rating, TV Content, Channel, Title or Service.
Under TV Content, lock the level of explicit content based on your viewing preferences for Violence, Language, Sexual Situations and Suggestive Dialogue. Under Movie Ratings or TV Ratings, block content by rating. The guide will automatically lock that rating and the more restrictive ratings.
Set Locks anytime in the guide or while watching television.
- Select the LOCK icon from the Quick Menu
- Select the LOCK icon from any program Info screen to lock a specific program
- Access Parental Controls from the Main Menu or Setup Menu to set up all Locks
Parental Controls for On Demand
To block all access to On Demand, select Parental Controls from the Main Menu, then Service Locks.
Setup and change your Parental Controls Locks PIN and Purchase PIN in PINs Setup. Your Parental Controls PIN allows you to restrict viewing of programs. Your Purchase PIN is used to restrict pay programming purchases (ON Demand Movies, Pay-Per-View and adult movies.)
- Press MENU two times to get to the Main Menu
- Select PARENTAL CONTROLS from the Main Menu
- Screen will prompt for a 4-digit pin
- Once you enter a 4-digit pin you will be asked to confirm it
Set Up a Purchase Pin
- From Parental Controls, select PINs SETUP
- Follow the on-screen prompts to setup, clear, or change your Locks and Purchase PINs
View Locked Programs
To view programs and channels you have Locked, tune to the program or select it from the listings. Enter your PIN when prompted.
Bypass or Clear Locks
Temporarily open or clear all Locks for easier viewing. Select Master Locks from the Locks Setup under Setup on the Main Menu screen and change the options from No to Yes.
Locks may be restored in any of the following ways:
- Press the LOCK button anytime and enter your four-digit PIN.
- Select Locks Setup from the Setup Menu, then select YES to turn Locks back on.
- Turn the set-top box off and back on.
A Lock Indicator appears in the Instant Information to indicate a program has been locked. To Unlock, press the LOCK button and enter your four-digit PIN.