Programming Your Remote Control
Instructions for programming your remote are included with the remote. You can also select your remote control below for further information.
Before setting up the remote, search for the device code in the instruction manual. Turn on the TV you wish to program.
- Press the TV key on the remote.
- Press and hold SETUP until the LED blinks twice then release.
- Quickly enter the first 4-digit code listed for your device brand.
- Press the POWER key to test DEVICE control. If the DEVICE turns off, you have found the correct code and it was saved automatically.
- If the DEVICE does not turn off, repeat steps 2 through 6 trying each code listed for your brand until you find the correct code.
Tip: if you wait too long between steps 2 and 3, the remote will not register the code you enter.
Find Your Code
For other remotes and remote control functions visit www.urcsupport.com.
Your Remote Isn't Working
- Press the CABLE button on your remote to make sure the remote is in Cable Mode.
- Make sure there is nothing between the remote and the cable box that would block the signal.
- Aim the remote directly at the cable box front panel, not at the TV, VCR, or DVD.
- Replace the batteries in the remote.
- Verify the equipment is plugged in to a power outlet; verify any loose cables are tightened; and if a wall switch or power strip controls the power ON/OFF, make sure they are ON.
- If your remote doesn't work after trying all of the above, you may need a replacement. Contact us to request a new remote or for other troubleshooting guidance.
TiVo remote control setup: TiVo Central ˃ Settings and Messages Settings ˃ Remote, CableCARD, & Devices ˃ Remote & Device Settings ˃ Remote Control Setup