Connecting Your HDTV Cable Box
IMPORTANT: Do not plug the HD cable box power cord into the power source until you have completed all connections between the HD cable box and other equipment.
- Connect the RF (coax) cable from the wall to the CABLE IN port of the HD cable box.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the back of the cable box.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the first available HDMI port on the back of the HDTV.
- Connect one end of the HD cable box power cable into the HD cable box and the other end into a wall outlet or surge protector.
- Plug the HDTV into a power source.
- Turn on your equipment
- Select "Video Input" or "Video Source" on your cable remote and then tune the TV to the appropriate input, such as HDMI 1, component or Video 1. Refer to your TV's owner's manual for which input to select.
Note: Although an HDMI cable provides both the audio and video connection between an HDTV and a cable box, you may still need to use additional cables to connect the cable box to a Stereo or Home Theater System.
Component cables can provide a high definition connection. They have three video wires: green, blue, and red. You will also need a separate audio cable, such as red and white composite audio cables.
- Locate the Component In ports on your TV, which contain matching Green, Blue, and Red ports. These colored ports are also labeled with letters: Y (green). Pb (blue). Pr (red).
- Connect one end of each component cable to the matching colors on the TV's Component In ports.
- Connect the other end of each cable to the converter's Component Out ports.
- Connect your audio wires to the appropriate Audio In ports on the TV, such as a red Audio In Right and a white Audio In Left.
- Connect the other end of the audio cables to the matching Audio Out ports on the converter, such as a red Audio Out Right and a white Audio Out Left. Turn on your equipment, and then tune the TV to the appropriate input - Component 1 or Component 2
How to install a DVR cable box to an HDTV
IMPORTANT: Do not plug the DVR power cord into the power source until you have completed all connections between the DVR and other equipment as described above. Connect the RF (coaxial) cable from the wall to the CABLE IN port on the DVR.
Connect the video cable from the cable box to the TV.