Find answers to many of your TiVo questions right here.
Find out more about how to use all the many features of the TiVo Service at Tivo.com/howto
Use the Help screens from your TiVo on-screen guide. Using your TiVo remote go to Settings & Messages > Help.
I can't find my show in a search even though I know it’s on
The TiVo Main uses your Channel List to search for shows. Verify that the channel is selected in your Channel List. Does the channel have a check mark next to it? To give it one, highlight the channel and press SELECT. (To review your channel list, got to TiVo Central > Setting & Messages > Settings > Channels > Channel List)
Why wasn’t my show recorded
You can view History for an explanation of why the show did not record. History is the first selection in the To Do List. (To review your To Do list, go to TiVo Central > Manage Recordings & Downloads > To Do List)
I can’t get to one of my channels
Review your channel list to make sure all the channels you subscribe to are marked with a check. Compare the channel list to the list of channels in your cable plan. (To review your channel list, got to TiVo Central > Setting & Messages > Settings > Channels > Channel List)
My TiVo remote control doesn't work with my TiVo
Be sure you are using the TiVo remote control, and that you hold it so that the TiVo button points toward the TiVo receiver. If you are trying to use the remote control in RF mode (so that it can control a TiVo receiver that is not within line-of-sight), make sure the remote is paired with the TiVo receiver. You’ll know if the remote control is in RF mode if when you press a button you see a blue light at the top of the remote. If the light is red, that means the remote is in IR mode.
I haven’t recorded enough shows to fill my TiVo Main receiver but when I try to schedule more shows, the TiVo says there isn’t room
The TiVo service includes smart scheduling features that track not only how much space you currently have on your TiVo Main receiver, but also how much space will be needed in the near future to record all the shows you have scheduled. If your TiVo Main will be full in the near future, the TiVo service informs you and suggests options — such as allowing some shows to be deleted early — that will allow you to schedule additional recordings. With the TiVo service, you always have the final say over what gets recorded and how long it’s kept.
My mobile device can't find my TiVo
If you are experiencing issues locating your TiVo devices through the Vu-it App:
- Make sure you are using your local Wi-Fi connection instead of 3G/4G network.
- Restart your network router by unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging it back in. Once the router restarts, make sure you reconnect your iOS device to your network. Then try to locate the TiVo equipment on your app again.
- Verify that you have connected your TiVo equipment to your network: TiVo Main receivers and TiVo Minis: From TiVo Central, go to Settings & Messages > Settings > Network > View network diagnostics > Test Internet connection. If the test is successful, then your TiVo has a proper connection to the internet.
- Make sure you have the updated version of the Vu-it App and have updated to the most current iOS version.
- Power cycle the TiVo Main receiver. Unplug the TiVo main from the electrical source for 30 seconds. Once restarted, locate the TiVo main on your iOS device again.
My mobile device can’t stream shows from my TiVo while I am away from home.
Out of home streaming of your TiVo content is not available at this time. We realize this feature is desirable and are working to make this option available in the future. However, you can still have access to downloaded DVR content while on the go. Setting this feature up is easy to do. Just download desired content to your device while still connected to your home Wi-Fi network. Once downloaded to your device, you can enjoy it anytime and anywhere you want.