Welcome to the TiVo Experience
Get to know your TiVo
The TiVo New Experience 4 upgrade is here! Current users can upgrade now, as shown below, and it will take place in the background of your system allowing you to continue watching TV.
- From the TiVo Central screen, choose Apps > Get New Experience. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your TiVo box. Go to Settings & Messages > Help > Restart Box.
- When your TiVo box restarts, you’ll see the TiVo Home screen, which replaces TiVo Central screen.
After the upgrade is complete, you will have exciting new features as noted below. Plus you are now ready for a TiVo voice remote (available for a one-time activation fee of $1.99.)
If you postpone the upgrade, it will launch automatically on January 15, 2019. New customers will automatically have the upgrade.
|TiVo Tips (PDF)||Voice Remote (PDF)|
|Welcome to TiVo||Remote|
Press the TiVo button on your remote control to get to the TiVo Central screen, the starting point for all of TiVo’s amazing features. Access your recorded programs, interactive guide, settings, apps and more, from one easy to navigate menu.
Search for shows, tune to a channel and ask for recommendations. To issue a voice command, press and hold the button and speak naturally into the remote. You can say things like “Play the latest episode of Modern Family,” or “Launch Netflix,” or “Find some action movies.” You can even add on to your initial command to get more specific. For example, after the command, “Show me some action movies,” you could add “From the 80s...just the ones with Bruce Willis.” Voice remotes are available for a one time activation fee of $1.99. Pick one up in our lobby or call 253-502-8900.
OnePass gathers every episode of a series available anywhere and adds them all right to your My Shows list. If it’s not available on TV or video on demand, OnePass fills in the gaps with episodes from providers like Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO, and more (subscription required.)
- To create a OnePass, find a show you want to watch, then choose "Create a OnePass."
All of your recordings and streaming videos appear in the My Shows list.
- To get to the My Shows list from any menu screen or from live TV, just press the TiVo button twice.
- Press it once if you’re already on the Home screen.
At the top of the My Shows list, you’ll see the Continue Watching strip which are the shows you’ve been watching most recently. Below that, filters like ‘Movies,’ ‘TV,’ and ‘Kids’ let you narrow your My Shows choices instantly. Beneath the filters, you’ll find all of your OnePass selections, single recordings, WishList searches, and bookmarked shows and movies.
Apps and Internet Entertainment
Access streaming services such as Netflix, HBO GO, Hulu, YouTube and Pandora just about anywhere in your home.
- Select Apps from TiVo Central for available video options.
Enjoy new release movies, sporting events and recent TV episodes within days of airing.
- Access On Demand:
- Press the green ON DEMAND button on your remote.
- Or, select Vu-it On Demand on the navigation bar from TiVo Central.
- Or, select Apps on the navigation bar from TiVo Central and select the Vu-It! app.
Stream to Devices
Easily stream or transfer shows to your iPad or other mobile device using the VU-IT app! (Bonus: The TiVo VU-IT also lets you schedule recordings, control live TV, search for shows and more, right from your mobile device!)
- Download the “VU-IT” app in the Apple App or Google Play Store to your device. To login you will need the email address and password that you registered with on WatchTVeverywhere.com.
- Launch the VU-IT! app on your mobile device. (Make sure your TiVo DVR is connected to your home network).
- Follow on-screen instructions to connect to your TiVo DVR or go to Settings menu and tap “Streaming Setup.”
- Select Settings & Messages > Settings > Network > Connect to TiVo service now. In two to ten minutes you will be connected.
When you search or browse for movies or individual episodes of series, your results include videos available to stream from your selected video apps - no need to switch to a different input. Don’t have time to watch it now? Rather than search for it again later, ‘Bookmark’ it to add a link to the video directly to My Shows.
The Smart Bar
Located at the bottom of the Home screen, the SmartBar predicts shows to watch based on what your household usually watches at a particular time or day. For example, if you normally watch the previous night’s late-night talk show the next morning, you’ll see it in the SmartBar when you wake up. If the kids tend to watch shows while dinner’s cooking, those shows will be waiting in the SmartBar at that time each day.
What to Watch
Browse shows available to stream, watch live, bookmark, or record. Top-level categories include ‘On TV Today,’ ‘Sports,’ ‘Movies,’ and more. Each category also includes more specific sub-categories to help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
QuickView lets you see what else is playing now or coming up without missing the action on the show you’re watching.
- Press UP to see a condensed guide; DOWN to display the SmartBar; LEFT to bring up your favorite channels; and RIGHT to take a look at what’s playing on other tuners.
QuickMode lets you watch a show 30% faster, while also letting you hear what everyone is saying!
- Press PLAY to bring up the status bar, then SELECT to start QuickMode.
- Press PLAY and SELECT again to watch at normal speed.
The TiVo service searches upcoming TV shows and movies and video on demand offerings all at the same time. Search by show title, episode title, show description, or person name (actor, director, etc.). You can even search for a particular channel by its network name or call sign (e.g., ABC or ESPN).