May 22, 2018
CTC Consulting presents initial RFI/Q findings to the Tacoma Public Utility Board and Tacoma City Council.
March 23, 2018
The City of Tacoma issued a Request for Information/Qualifications (RFI/Q) to solicit input from qualified entities interested in developing a collaborative partnership arrangement for Click! Network.
- Continuing public ownership of the telecommunications assets, especially those assets necessary for Tacoma Power operations;
- Ensuring geographically, economically, and technologically equitable access;
- Creating low-income affordable access to telecommunication services;
- Enforcing net neutrality principles for all customers;
- Allowing open access to telecommunication assets by other telecommunication providers, to the extent such access benefits customers;
- Preserving competition among telecommunication providers that benefits customers (such as high-quality, technologically up-to-date, and reasonably priced telecommunication services), including restricting transfer of ownership or operations that reduce competition;
- Safeguarding the use of telecommunications services by Tacoma Power, the City, and other local governments;
- Maintaining financial stability of the telecommunications business operations utilizing the Click! assets;
- Promoting economic development and educational opportunities;
- Providing job options and security for Click! staff and protecting the intellectual capital of the system;
- Protecting customer privacy;
- Preserving Click!’s goodwill, including via its market-leading customer service for telecommunications customers